AAA Adult Passenger Discount
American Automobile Association (AAA) members, their spouses and their dependents (ages 2-15) are eligible to receive a 10% discount on the lowest available adult rail fare for Amtrak travel. Visit AAA for information about becoming an AAA member.
- The AAA discount does not apply to Pacific Business class, First class or sleeping accommodation. These upgrades are permitted upon payment of the full accommodation charges.
- The AAA discount is not valid for travel on certain Amtrak Thruway connecting services.
- The AAA discount may not be combinable with other discount offers; refer to the terms and conditions for each offer.
- Additional restrictions may apply.
Three-Day Advance Purchase
To use the AAA discount, you must book your tickets at least three days in advance of travel.
If you make any change to your itinerary, you must re-qualify for any membership discount used. This means that to be eligible to receive an applicable membership discount, any change to your itinerary must be made at least three days in advance of travel.
How to Enter Your AAA Number
To take advantage of this discount:
- In Step 2 of the reservation booking process, select 'AAA' as your preferred passenger discount type. Then, in Step 4 of the booking process, enter your AAA membership number on the 'Passenger Info' page.
- Or, in your user profile on Amtrak.com, select 'AAA' as your passenger discount type, and enter your AAA membership number. AAA will be pre-selected as your preferred passenger discount type, and your AAA membership number will appear, already filled-in, in the appropriate text field.
To correctly enter your number at Step 4 or as part of your user profile:
- Enter your three-digit club code into the 'AAA Club Code' box.
- Enter the remaining nine digits of your membership number, excluding any letters. Omit any numbers after the space following the nine digits.
- If your number contains the word "plus" leave out this text. Do not enter any spaces between numbers.
Present Your Card When Picking Up Your Ticket
Be prepared to show your AAA membership ID card when you pick up your ticket, and carry your card with you onboard the train. You may be asked to present your AAA card to the conductor upon request.