Passenger Identification Requirements
The State of California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) is committed to providing a safe and enjoyable travel experience for everyone aboard Amtrak California trains and Amtrak Thruway buses. To this extent, Amtrak has undertaken heightened security measures for the benefit of all our customers.
Photo Identification Required
Amtrak customers 18 years of age and older must produce valid photo identification when:
- Obtaining, exchanging or refunding tickets
- Storing baggage at stations
- Checking baggage
- Sending Amtrak Express shipments
- Onboard trains, at the request of an Amtrak employee
Please note that unaccompanied children 15 and older must also produce valid photo ID when purchasing tickets.
Random Ticket/ID Checks
Following federal Transportation Security Administration (TSA) guidelines, we regularly conduct random ticket verification checks onboard trains to ensure that passengers are properly ticketed. Please be prepared to show valid photo identification to a member of the onboard crew upon request.
What is a Valid ID?
To be valid, your identification must be current and in-force. The following forms of identification are acceptable for persons 18 and older:
- One piece of photo identification issued by a government authority, or
- Two pieces of identification, at least one of which is issued by a government authority
Examples of acceptable forms of ID include:
- State or provincial driver's license
- Official government-issued identification (federal, state or county government or foreign government)
- Canadian provincial health card ID card with photo
- Military photo ID
- Student identification (university, college or high school photo ID)
- Job Corps photo ID
Policy Regarding Ticket Purchase
Passengers purchasing tickets from station ticket agents or on board trains from conductors must provide photo identification and be at least 15 years old.
Passengers boarding at any staffed station or station with a Quik-Trak kiosk should purchase tickets prior to boarding the train.
Tickets purchased on board include a service fee built into the fare. This fee cannot be waived.
For the safety and comfort of our passengers we strictly enforce certain baggage restrictions. Learn more about our Baggage Guidelines.
If you have any questions regarding baggage, call 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245). Be sure that you understand and are prepared to follow all baggage guidelines before arriving at your departure station.